(NOTE: REPLACES 3M 27508 Trizact Diamond HX Discs red medium grit 5 inch)
3M is changing from the original "Round" shape of its Trizact Diamond Tools to a new "Trapezoid" design. By utilizing a Trapezoid shape the abrasives are placed away from the center of the pad into the high wear areas. This also eliminates the need to rotate them as they begin to wear. The new design improves longevity and incorporates a new self-break-in feature allowing the pads to start cutting sooner.
Red Medium Grit typically replaces conventional ANSI diamond abrasive grits 100 to 400 grit.
Diamond pad system for intermediate finishing and pre-polishing stone or concrete floors using standard low-speed rotary floor buffer scrubbers or automatic floor scrubber equipment. Use 4 Trapezoid Pads for 16 Inch machines and larger and just 3 Trapezoid Pads for machines 15 Inches and smaller. Discs Consist Of:
- Precisely patterned, composite abrasive structures distributed uniformly on a flexible backing.
- As the structures wear, fresh, sharp diamond abrasive is continually exposed resulting in uniform, consistent, and fast cutting action through the life of the product.
- Micro-Replicated composite diamond abrasive structures consistently and rapidly smooth and level stone floor surfaces.
- Self break in feature that allows for quick cutting.
- Flexible backing and attachment system
- Used with water or netural floor cleaner.
The New 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Abrasive Pads restore and polish stone and concrete floors. Trizact TZ abrasives create a smooth and highly refined surface ready for finishing with Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector and final burnishing with 3M Tan Burnish Pad 3400.
How long will a set of 4 pads last?
3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pad life depends critically on use factors such as flooring type and condition, machine pressure and speed.
- Terrazzo: estimate 4,000 FINISHED sq ft (4,000 ft x 6 passes = 24,000 sq ft TOTAL)
- Concrete: due to variability in starting surface condition, estimate about 2,000 sq ft finished (2,000 ft x 6 passes = 12,000 sq ft TOTAL)
Suitable stone floor surfaces include, but are not limited to marble, terrazzo and polished concrete.
Follow these simple steps to a glossy finish:
- 1. 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads are designed for use with a low speed (swing) machine or autoscrubber while the 3M Trizact Diamond Strips are designed for use on vibratory machines.
- 2. Use 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads and Strips with water or neutral cleaner. DO NOT USE DRY. The hook backing of the disc is used to hold the 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads and Strips onto a floor pad, such as the 3M Red Buffer Pad 5100 or the Trizact Backer Pad
- 3. Attach four of the 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads Gold to the 3M Red Buffer Pad 5100 in the 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 9 o'clock positions, with the wide side placed nearest to the outside of the pad.
- 4. Prepare new 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads for use by making preliminary passes to expose the abrasivve by rubbing the abrasive surface with sand paper or other suitable abrasive. Pads are conditioned for use when slurry appears on the floor.
- 5. Make 6 passes with the 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads Gold with the squeegee up and solution on. The last pass should be made with the squeegee down. Wet vac and mop or autoscrub with 3M Red Buffer Pad 5100 between 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads Gold, TZ Red, and TZ Blue steps and before burnishing to remove any residual abrasive or debris that might cause scratches.
NOTE: Dispose of waste and slurries generated from wet polishing in accordance with all applicable local and government regulations.
- 6. Attach 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads Red to a 3M Red Buffer Pad 5100 in the 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 9 o'clock positions.
- 7. Make 6 passes with the 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads Red with the squeegee up and solution on. The last pass should be made with the squeegee down. Wet vac and mop or autoscrub with 3M Red Buffer Pad 5100 before proceeding with step 8.
- 8. Attach 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads Blue 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 9 o'clock positions.
- 9. Make 6 passes with the 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pads Blue with the squeegee up and solution on. The last pass should be made with the squeegee down. Wet vac and mop or autoscrub with 3M Red Buffer Pad 5100 before proceeding with step 10.
- 10. Once floor is dry, dust with 3M Easy Trap Sweep and Dust Sheets.
- 3M Trizact Diamond TZ Pad should be washed and air dried after use. DO NOT put the discs back into the package unless they are COMPLETELY dried.
3M Trizact Diamond TZ Technical Data Sheet (CLICK HERE)
3M Trizact Diamond TZ Frequently Asked Questions (CLICK HERE)
Trizact Backer Pad: 3M Trizact Backer Pad is a foam pad with attachment fabric intended to firmly hold Trizact Diamond Pads for extended periods of time through multiple use cycles.
Complete 3M™ Trizact™ Diamond TZ Abrasive System! (CLICK HERE)