3M Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector For Polishing Stone, Marble, Terrazzo, Concrete, Use With Easy Shine Applicator System, One Gallon Bags, Case of 2 Bags, 3M, 59379-3M.
For use with the 3M Easy Shine Applicator System (CLICK HERE).
Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector is a high performance floor surface hardener and protective clear protector for Concrete, terrazzo , marble, and other porous hard surfaces. Each one gallon bag covers approximately 2,500 square feet. When applied as directed you will benefit from a surface that
- Requires only 2 coats
- Is shiny and glossy
- Is stain, scuff, and scratch resistant
- Is easy to repair or recoat; no stripping required
- Reduces typical product and maintenance costs by up to 50 per cent
The new 3M Trizact Diamond HX Discs - sold separately - are designed for use with the Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector and allow maintenance operations to turn dull and scratched stone or concrete floors into beautiful, shiny floors. The Trizact Diamond HX Discs consist of precisely patterned, composite abrasive structures distributed uniformly on a flexible backing. As these structures wear, fresh, sharp diamond abrasive is continually exposed, resulting in uniform, consistent and fast cutting action through the life of the product. Based on proprietary 3M technology, the Trizact Diamond HX Discs work with existing floor cleaning equipment. Costs for refurbishing stone or concrete floors using 3M Trizact Diamond HX with Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector are less than $1.00 per square foot versus up to $7.00 per square foot for traditional grinding and polishing procedures. Suitable stone floor surfaces include, but are not limited to marble, terrazzo and polished concrete.
Follow these simple steps to a glossy finish:
- 1. Attach four 3M Trizact Diamond HX Red discs (Red backing) to a 3M White Super Polish Pad 4100 in the 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions.
- 2. Make 4 passes with the 3M Trizact Diamond HX Red with squeegee up and solution on. 5th pass should be with squeegee down. 6th pass with squeegee up and solution on.
- 3. Attach four 3M Trizact Diamond HX Blue discs (blue backing) to a 3M White Super Polish Pad 4100 in the 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions.
- 4. Make 5 passes with the 3M Trizact Diamond Abrasive HX Blue with squeegee up and solution on. 6th pass should be with squeegee down.
- 5. Clean the floor with autoscrubber and water using the 3M Blue Buffer Pad 5100 to remove any remaining residue.
- 6. Make four passes using a burnisher and the Scotch-Brite Purple Diamond Floor Pad Plus.
- 7. Dust the floor using the 3M Easy Trap Duster.
- 8. Wet the 3M Easy Shine Applicator Pad with the Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector and then apply a thin, uniform coat of Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector to the floor using the 3M Easy Shine Applicator System. Allow 15 to 30 minutes of drying time. Burnish the floor with the Scotch-Brite Purple Diamond Floor Pad Plus.
- 9. Dust the floor using the 3M Easy Trap Duster. Apply a second thin, uniform coat of Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector using the 3M Easy Shine Applicator System. Allow 15 to 30 minutes of drying time. Burnish the floor again using the Scotch-Brite Purple Diamond Floor Pad Plus.